Greek yogurt contains lots of protein, making it the best base for sauces in a training diet.
Minty Greek Chicken Pitas
Ready in 40 minutes • Makes 6 servings
$2.08 cost per serving
Source Url: http://www.oxygenmag.com.au/Nutrition/tabid/620/entryid/937/Protein-On-The-Cheap-4-Chicken.aspx
WHAT YOU NEED:
450g ground chicken breast meat
1/4 cup feta cheese
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp ground pepper
6 whole wheat pitas
1/4 cup fresh mint leaves, minced
1/2 cup fresh mint leaves, minced
1/2 cup Greek yogurt
8 romaine lettuce leaves
1 small heirloom tomato
WHAT YOU DO:
1. B eat egg in a large mixing bowl. Add chicken, feta, sea salt, pepper and mix.
2. Cut off 1/3 of each pita and chop into crumbs. Reserve the rest of the pitas for the final product. Add pita crumbs to bowl and mix. Add mint.
3. Mix everything thoroughly with clean hands. Shape into small patties, about half-cup portions.
4. Place patties on a heated pan sprayed with cooking spray. Cook about 5 minutes on each side, until no longer pink inside. While the patties cook, combine yogurt and mint for sauce.
5. Place 2 patties inside each pita with 2 lettuce leaves, 2 to 3 slices of tomato, olives, and 2 tablespoons of the yogurt sauce.
Nutrients per serving:
Calories: 302, Total Fats: 5 g, Saturated Fat:2 g, Trans Fat: 0 g, Cholesterol: 85 mg, Sodium: 570 mg, Total Carbohydrates: 38 g, Dietary Fibre: 6 g, Sugars: 3 g, Protein: 28 g, Iron: 3 mg