Lean Steak Lettuce Wraps
posted on 13/06/2013 4:07:00 PM
Filled with lean steak, coriander and mango, these healthy and refreshing lettuce wraps are perfect for a backyard barbeque.
Erin MacDonald RD, June 5, 2013
Source Url: http://www.oxygenmag.com.au/Nutrition/tabid/620/entryid/1005/Lean-Steak-Lettuce-Wraps.aspx
Ready in 20 minutes • Makes 4 servings
Fit tip: Grass-fed beef is three to five times higher than grain-fed beef in conjugated linoleic acid (CLA), which reduces body fat while preserving lean muscle mass.
- 450g lean steak
- Zest of 1 lime
- Juice of 3 limes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp honey or agave nectar
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- Fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- 8 butter lettuce or romaine lettuce leaves
- 1 each cucumber, red capsicum, mango, julienned
- Fresh coriander leaves, to garnish
- Score the steak by slicing 0.5cm deep gashes against the grain about 1cm apart. This will help tenderise the beef and allow the marinade to penetrate.
- Combine lime zest, lime juice, oil, honey or agave, cumin, chilli powder and balsamic vinegar in a large zip-lock plastic bag. Place steak in the bag with marinade. Let it sit for 10 minutes.
- Heat grill over high heat. Remove steak from bag and cover with black pepper. Place steak on grill and cook for 4 minutes per side.
- Remove steak and let it rest 5 to 10 minutes before slicing. Then, slice against the grain into strips. Divide evenly onto lettuce leaves, along with the cucumber, capsicum and mango; top with coriander leaves.
Nutrients per serving: Calories: 276, Total Fats: 13 g, Saturated Fat: 3 g, Trans Fat: 0 g, Cholesterol: 31 mg, Sodium: 292 mg, Total Carbohydrates: 20 g, Dietary Fibre: 2 g, Sugars: 15 g, Protein: 21 g, Iron: 2 mg
| Tags: | View Count: (10001) | Return